Alicia started her online bookstore February 2011

Internet's Best Marketing Articles

cover of e-book, "Internet's Best Marketing Articles"

February 2011 was a big month for me. I learned much about marketing, advertising and the importance of a domain name. I found out many Internet users search by domain or blog name. Having both of these, or at least one, from a marketing point of view gives one a promotional edge. Most businesses know how crucial this is regarding gaining customers.

Desirous of having a domain name for my newly formed online bookstore, Alicia Harrell’s Bookstore, founded the beginning of February, 2011, I seriously looked into this matter. My research brought many surprises including how pricey most of the companies that offer domain names and domain services are. The majority insist on one paying for 2 years at a time which adds up and can end up costing $60 or more. I mostly saw the more and cringed as these 2 year plans (package deals) did not meet my budgetary requirements.

DomainPros.com was the affordable website I chose to get my certified domain name www.aliciaharrellsbookstore.com. This website was recommended by my bookstore‘s supplier who was very encouraging and helpful. Going with DomainPros.com has turned out to be a blessing, bigger than expected.

One feature I fell in love with is their email service. DomanPros.com has an email service I found inexpensive, useful, easy to use and receive emails from others, plus beneficial for my bookstore (listed on my website for customer use). It is an email I can also post on advertisements. For any business this is crucial; having a reliable email address with domain name and service gives a professionalism most customers notice.

DomainPros.com offers several package deals varying in price that include privacy settings, security, certification for domain name, email service, domain names, web hosting, marketing tools, and build a website service. These packages range in price from $11.99 per year for a .com domain name on up. It depends upon what you want in your package that reflects the needs of your domain or domain name. They have reasonable pricing for .co, .info, .net, .me and .org too.

I chose a .com for my domain name because my bookstore is commercial and that is what .com means, a commercial entity listed online. What I liked best about DomainPros.com was the ability to renew my package annually which for me is easier to budget. I highly recommend DomainPros.com; especially for the budget conscience.

Looking forward to March and sharing more with you,

Alicia Rose

Advertisements

Winter arrived February 1st in Southern Oklahoma

Icles hanging from roses

Greetings,

Thank you for visiting my WordPress blog domain. It is appreciated. I have in the past two weeks added or altered some content throughout its web pages. This blog domain has become my monthly project instead of the planned weekly or bi-weekly one. I sincerely apologize to those who prefer weekly or bi-weekly updates or added content. 

My time currently is 95% dedicated to writing Science Fiction novels and Freelance Writing on the websites listed under the tab “Published by Alicia Rose.” The other 5% includes family time, walking my dachshund, cleaning our home, emailing, shopping for groceries and incidentals, plus other very ordinary aspects of living as well as keeping this domain updated.

Today, February 1, 2011, Southern Oklahoma received its first real snow and ice for the winter. According to my yardstick, we received about 3 to 4 inches. The method I used is not the most accurate. I went to six different spots in my front and backyard to determine the average snow in inches with the use of my yardstick. My husband teased me about acting like a meteorologist when I came indoors after sticking the yardstick into the snow to determine snowfall.

Due to the amount of snow and ice received, I will not be driving my car today. My mailbox is iced shut. I am uncertain how my mail will be delivered. The screen door to my front door’s threshold is snowed closed; will not budge when I attempt to open it.  According to my Weather Channel dashboard, it is 11 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing is 32 degrees Fahrenheit) where I live. A good day to stay warm indoors, eat soup and drink hot beverages.

Wishing all a fabulous February,

Alicia Rose